LOS ANGELES (April 21, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® invites new and seasoned players alike to participate in the brand-new NieR:Automata™ collaboration event in the hit mobile tactical RPG WAR OF THE VISIONS™ FINAL FANTASY® BRAVE EXVIUS. Today until May 18, players will be treated to a thrilling collaboration event featuring new quests, exciting rewards, challenging missions and more in the popular mobile game, which has been downloaded more than 21 million times worldwide.
To watch the new NieR:Automata Collaboration Trailer, visit: https://youtu.be/7hFDmKYhGRg
New limited-time content arriving in the NieR:Automata Collaboration event includes:
- Ultra Rare (UR) NieR Characters: Players can look forward to adding the beloved NieR:Automata heroes 2B and 9S as UR units to their collection and utilizing them to offer powerful boosts to their allies in battle. Android 2B is a vanguard striker class with very high attack power, perfect for fighting against units with high HP and defense. She can perform the Limit Burst "YoRHa Annihilation Dance," which raises her Slash Res Piercing Rate for three turns before dealing severe damage to her target. 9S is vanguard attacker with excellent support abilities and he can cast debuffs on his opponents. He can perform the Limit Burst “Neural Hacking,” which increases his defence piercing rate for three turns and deals a large amount of Lightning damage to his target.
- Bonus Summons and Rewards: Players will be treated to a variety of summons that guarantee UR and MR units, Vision Cards or items during the limited-time event, including the “9S Guaranteed Free 10x Summon,” where players can get the UR unit 9S for free, “Wind Applicable UR Unit Guaranteed Step Up 10x Summon,” “EX Festival 9-Step 10x Summon” and more.
- New NieR:Automata Vision Card: Players can obtain the UR NieR:Automata Vision Card, which features an illustration by Akihiko Yoshida, from a limited-time summon. This card has been upgraded for the Global version of the game, so that when 2B has it equipped, her slash attack resistance piercing rate and ability are increased. Players can obtain vision card shards and other rewards to enhance their Vision Card by clearing the NieR:Automata Collaboration Training Challenge Missions.
- Special Login Bonuses: Players who login throughout the collaboration event will be treated to a plethora of rewards, including up to 3,000 Visiore, Unit Shards for 2B and 9S, NieR UR Unit Mindspheres, a Rainbow Fragment of Thought and more.
- Limited-Time Challenge Missions: Players who clear special missions, including the NieR:Automata Collaboration Challenge Missions and 2B and 9S Training Challenge Missions can acquire valuable rewards including shards, training materials needed to enhance and awaken the NieR units and more.
- NieR:Automata Event Quest: Fans can face off against NieR:Automata's big bads, humanoid machines Adam and Eve. Those who succeed in defeating the quest bosses can win NieR Event Medals and trade them for new items in the Medal Shop.
- NieR:Automata Ex-Quest: Players looking for an additional challenge can complete the extremely difficult Ex-Quest to obtain Crafting Recipes for weapons "Virtuous Contract" and "Cruel Arrogance.
Lastly, fans can tune in to the WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS update on YouTube on April 19, featuring the latest news from Community Manager Justin and Global Producer Hiroki Fujimoto. To watch the latest Updates video, visit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFubNpTanEfVvQrpl21In0A
Fans of NieR:Automata can also look forward to the release of NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139... later this week on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, and PC (Steam®). The game is rated M (Mature). Complete details on all editions of the game and exclusive pre-order bonuses are available at: http://www.niergame.com.
WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS is available now as a free download with in-app purchases through the App Store®, Google Play™ and Amazon App Store. Text is supported in English, French, German, Spanish, Korean and Traditional Chinese, while voiceovers are supported in English and Japanese. For more information, please visit: https://wotvffbe.com/.
For the latest assets, please visit the press site at press.na.square-enix.com.
Official Website: https://wotvffbe.com/
Official NieR Series Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NieRGame
Official NieR Series Twitter: @NieRGame
Official NieR Series Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/niergame/
Official Page: www.niergame.com
Story of NieR:Automata
Invaders from another world attack without warning, unleashing their secret weapon: the machines. In the face of this insurmountable threat, the human race is driven from the earth and takes refuge on the moon.
The humans develop an army of android soldiers to fight back against the mechanical horde, but succeed only in slowing its advance. To break the deadlock, a new breed of android infantry is sent into the fray: the YoRHa squad.
In the forsaken wasteland below, the war between the machines and the androids rages on. A war that is soon to unveil the long-forgotten truth of this world…
About PlatinumGames Inc.
PlatinumGames Inc. is an independent entertainment developer based in Osaka, Japan, dedicated to making high quality, next generation games for a variety of hardware platforms. Loaded with some of the gaming industry’s most talented creators, PlatinumGames seeks to break the mold of a sequel driven industry by creating innovative, original IP that exceed users’ expectations. For more information, please visit: www.platinumgames.com.
About FINAL FANTASY Portal App
The free-to-download "FINAL FANTASY Portal App®" provides the latest and greatest on all things FINAL FANTASY, as well as exclusive promotional trailers and developer commentary. By logging-in with their Square Enix account, players can accumulate points that can be exchanged for various items. Also, the iconic Triple Triad® card game from FINAL FANTASY VIII makes its mobile debut, and is playable in the app.
Founded in 2007, gumi Inc. (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 3903) is a leading global mobile game publisher and developer headquartered in Japan, with overseas operations in Singapore, Taiwan and the United States. The company has proven success in launching titles worldwide, such as the widely popular role-playing games Brave Frontier and THE ALCHEMIST CODE. gumi also invests in VR/AR/blockchain markets. With ongoing publishing and development projects on a wide array of mobile, AR and VR platforms, gumi aims to change the world through innovative entertainment products and services, including both original content and collaborations with popular IP.
For more information, please visit http://www.gu3.co.jp/en/.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 161 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS © 2019-2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Co-Developed by gumi Inc.
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: © 2018 YOSHITAKA AMANO
IMAGE ILLUSTRATION: ISAMU KAMIKOKURYO
NieR: Automata © 2017-2019 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Developed by PlatinumGames Inc. Character Design by Akihiko Yoshida
FINAL FANTASY, NIER: AUTOMATA, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SPACE INVADERS, TAITO, TOMB RAIDER and TRIPLE TRIAD are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. App Store is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.