LOS ANGELES (March 24, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® invites players to join in on the festivities and celebrate the first anniversary of the hit-mobile tactical RPG WAR OF THE VISIONS™ FINAL FANTASY® BRAVE EXVIUS®, which has been downloaded more than 21 million times worldwide. As part of the ongoing anniversary celebration, the game kicked off a FINAL FANTASY X collaboration event with different quests and rewards themed on the beloved game. As part of a limited time promotion, players can also collect the fan favorite protagonist, Tidus, and add them to their party by simply logging into the game now through May 4.
New content arriving in the FINAL FANTASY X collaboration event includes:
- Get UR Tidus for Free – All players who login during the campaign, now until May 4, will receive the time-limited unit UR Tidus, the beloved hero from FINAL FANTASY X. Featured as a UR unit, the highest and more powerful rarity in the game, Tidus is the perfect unit for players who want to begin their journey in the game with a strong party in battle. He can perform the Limit Burst “Blitz Ace,” which deals 4-Hit large damage to his target. Players can upgrade their Tidus by completing the “Tidus Release Celebration Training Challenge Missions,” available until the end of the campaign.
- New Time-Limited Summonable Units – Players can attempt to summon two brand-new UR units: Yuna and Auron. Yuna is a versatile unit capable of casting powerful magical attacks as well as recovery spells, and she can perform the LB “Energy Ray.” Auron honors his fame as a highly skilled physical attacker who can also support his comrades. Topped with his mighty LB “Tornado”, Auron can play a decisive role in battle when included in the party.
- New Vision Cards – Recall two of the most iconic scenes in FINAL FANTASY X through the art featured in two brand-new collaborative vision cards: UR "Suteki Da Ne" and MR "A Place Unknown." They will be available to summon only during the collaboration period, and both have useful abilities to aid players in a variety of situations.
- Challenge Missions, Event Quests and EX-Quests– Players can attempt the Challenge Missions and take on the Event Quests and EX-Quests to obtain materials needed to awaken and enhance their FINAL FANTASY X characters and weapons.
First Anniversary themed content available in-game now includes:
- First Anniversary Part I Login Bonus – Starting today until March 30, players can earn up to 2,500 Visiore, First Anniversary Celebration Summon Tickets, Rainbow Vision Spheres, a Rainbow Fragment of Thought and more by logging in daily.
- First Anniversary Vision Card Presents – All players will receive the brand-new Vision Card MR "A Year's Journey" and 220 shards to enhance it.
- First Anniversary Present – Players will receive 2,000 Visiore as a free gift by logging during the First Anniversary campaign until April 20.
- First Anniversary Summons – Various limited-time summons are available for players during the First Anniversary campaign, including:
- First Anniversary － Daily UR Guaranteed FREE 10x Summon – Players can perform one free 10x summon daily from this banner, now until April 2, for a total of 100 summons.
- First Anniversary － 5 UR Units Guaranteed 10x Summon
- First Anniversary － 5 UR Vision Cards Guaranteed 10x Summon
This past weekend, fans from around the world gathered virtually to participate in the WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS First Anniversary Livestream event. There, developers announced several upcoming game updates and new features. To watch a reply of the First Anniversary Livestream and see announcements as they happened, visit: https://sqex.to/NOmGR.
Key announcements shared during the livestream include:
- EX Jobs – By fulfilling certain unlock conditions and gathering the necessary items, players can unlock EX Jobs, accessing certain characters’ full potential of abilities and stats. Currently, players are able to unlock EX Jobs for Robb Hourne (UR), Oelde Leonis (UR), Sterne Leonis (UR), Oldoa (UR), Mont Leonis (MR), Baelo (SR), Learte (R), Yuna (UR) and Tidus (UR).
- Mastery – This new feature will enable the acquisition of buffs for certain groups of units, which will be useful to help players turn the tides of battle.
- 3-Star Espers – Players can now use Awakening Sourcestones to awaken their Espers to 3-star.
- Livestream Gifts – All players will be treated to a myriad of amazing rewards such as one billion Gil, 40 Rainbow Fragments of Thought, 2,880 Orbs of Envisionment, 500 Growth Eggs (MR), and much more, as celebratory rewards from the First Anniversary Livestream.
WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS is available now as a free download with in-app purchases through the App Store®, Google Play™ and Amazon App Store. Text is supported in English, French, German, Spanish, Korean and Traditional Chinese, while voiceovers are supported in English and Japanese. For more information, please visit: https://wotvffbe.com/.
For the latest assets, please visit the press site at press.na.square-enix.com.
Official Website: https://wotvffbe.com/
About FINAL FANTASY Portal App
The free-to-download "FINAL FANTASY Portal App®" provides the latest and greatest on all things FINAL FANTASY, as well as exclusive promotional trailers and developer commentary. By logging-in with their Square Enix account, players can accumulate points that can be exchanged for various items. Also, the iconic Triple Triad® card game from FINAL FANTASY VIII makes its mobile debut, and is playable in the app.
About gumi Inc.
Founded in 2007, gumi Inc. (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 3903) is a leading global mobile game publisher and developer headquartered in Japan, with overseas operations in Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and the United States. The company has proven success in launching titles worldwide, such as the widely popular role-playing games Brave Frontier and THE ALCHEMIST CODE. In 2016, gumi established a Silicon Valley-based investment group with partners, called The Venture Reality Fund, which focuses on seed and early stage augmented reality and virtual reality startups. Its VR incubation subsidiaries have expanded globally, including Tokyo XR Startups, Seoul XR Startups, and Nordic XR Startups. In 2018, the company launched gumi Cryptos, an investment arm in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency funds. With ongoing publishing and development projects on a wide array of mobile, AR and VR platforms, gumi aims to change the world through innovative entertainment products and services, including both original content and collaborations with popular IP.
For more information, please visit http://www.gu3.co.jp/en/.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 159 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 81 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS © 2019, 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Co-Developed by gumi Inc.
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: © 2018 YOSHITAKA AMANO
IMAGE ILLUSTRATION: ISAMU KAMIKOKURYO
FINAL FANTASY, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SPACE INVADERS, TAITO, TOMB RAIDER and TRIPLE TRIAD are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. App Store is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.