TRIALS OF MANA CELEBRATES 25TH ANNIVERSARY WITH GAME UPDATE, PRICE DISCOUNTS AND MORE
Patch 1.1.0 Brings New Difficulty Level, New Game Plus Updates and More
LOS ANGELES (Oct. 14, 2020) – SQUARE ENIX® announced that Trials of Mana™, the full-3D remake of the beloved classic, will receive a patch update today, bringing new challenges and experiences to players. This update is in celebration of the recent 25th anniversary of the release of the original Trials of Mana, known as Seiken Densetsu 3 in Japan. Additionally, SQUARE ENIX is holding sales on digital versions of titles in the series.
Patch 1.1.0 for Trials of Mana is scheduled for release today and will include a number of game content updates and additions, such as:
- “No Future” Difficulty – This new difficulty level will put even the most experienced players to the test. This difficulty setting will allow players to challenge even stronger enemies and bosses with restrictions on certain abilities and item usage, as well as time limits on boss battles. Players can also obtain stronger versions of equipment and execute new chain abilities.
- “Expert” Difficulty and Level Reset in New Game Plus – Players will have the option to select “Expert” as a difficulty setting when starting a New Game Plus playthrough. Additionally, the option to revert characters to level 1 when starting a New Game Plus playthrough has been added.
- Costume Adjustments – Unlocked costumes can be accessed after resetting a character’s class or when starting a New Game Plus playthrough.
- Addition of goddess statues to the map, bug fixes, and more.
Patch 1.1.0 Allows Players New Challenges with Time Limits on Boss Battles
Players who complete the story available after completing the “No Future” difficulty mode will be rewarded with the “Rabite Slippers” equipment, which will allow players to traverse fields and dungeons without encountering enemies.
Rabite Slippers Equipment
- Trials of Mana will be available at a 30% discount on:
- Nintendo Switch™: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/trials-of-mana-switch/
- PlayStation®4 system: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA17050_00-TOMPS4APPNA00001
- Steam®: https://store.steampowered.com/app/924980/Trials_of_Mana/
- Secret of Mana™ will be available at a 50% discount on:
- Collection of Mana™ is available at a 50% discount on:
- Nintendo Switch: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/collection-of-mana-switch/
For additional activities celebrating the 25th anniversary of Trials of Mana and details on forthcoming discounts for the PlayStation®4 system, please continue to visit the official Mana series social channels on Twitter and Facebook.
Originally released in Japan as Seiken Densetsu 3 in 1995, Trials of Mana is a full, high-definition remake of the third entry in the classic Mana series. The game immerses players in an unforgettable adventure filled with exciting gameplay, memorable heroes and villains. Players will craft varying experiences by selecting a party of three from six unique characters as they embark on the adventure of a lifetime, upgrading their characters’ classes into more powerful forms, learning over 300 different abilities, and discovering a world of secrets and mysteries to explore. Additionally, players can discover an exciting new playable chapter after finishing the game not found in the original release, in which they can unlock brand-new classes, and challenge a powerful new threat.
To watch the Trials of Mana Launch Trailer, visit: https://youtu.be/LUlM2HzqAss.
Trials of Mana is rated T (Teen) and is now available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system and Steam. For more information, visit www.trialsofmana.com.
Official Trials of Mana website: www.trialsofmana.com
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 154 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 78 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
© 1995, 2019, 2020 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
TRIALS OF MANA, the TRIALS OF MANA logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. Steam is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Square Enix, Inc.