LOS ANGELES (Feb. 10, 2021) – FINAL FANTASY® XI Online continues to expand the The Voracious Resurgence™ story with today’s release of the February version update. The next chapter sees players journey to San d’Oria, where Prince Trion is to take part in royal ball. Yet all is not safe in the kingdom, as San d’Oria finds itself threatened by fiends from the north.
The February version update brings many new updates, including new quests, special limited-time events, and more:
- Ambuscade Update – Both Normal and Intense Ambuscade difficulties have new battles for players to challenge, with Intense Ambuscades featuring combat against fearsome iron giants.
- Odyssey Update – Players will be able to test their strength against new monsters that have been added to Sheol: Gaol.
- New Year’s Alter Ego Expo – Beginning February 11 and lasting until March 1, the Alter Ego Expo will allow players to obtain the alter egos of numerous NPCs found throughout the campaign, which can aid them in their adventures.
- Valentione’s Day – Help the lovelorn (and chocobos!) find a special someone by participating in special quests and minigames across Vana’diel. Players can obtain themed gear as a reward during this year’s celebration.
- Midwinter Succor Campaign: Part 1 – From February 11 to February 18, the Midwinter Succor campaign will provide players with a number of campaigns to interact with, including a combat and magic skill increase campaign, Mog Gardens campaign, Ambuscade gallantry campaign and more, all of which provide significant bonuses and rewards to players.
- Midwinter Succor Campaign: Part 2 – The second leg of the campaign runs from February 19 to March 1 and provides further campaigns for players to enjoy, including chain experience bonuses, chain monstrosity bonuses, a double capacity point campaign, and much more.
- February Login Campaign – Throughout the month of February, players can earn numerous login rewards, including the Wivre mount and the winning entry from the Shield Design 2020 Contest–Troth–available for only 10 points.
Additionally, those who have been taking a break from FINAL FANTASY XI Online can explore the February version update via the “Return Home to Vana'diel” campaign. From Friday, February 19 to Monday, March 1, inactive players can return to the world of Vana’diel free of charge and with no limits on playtime. For more details, please visit the campaign website here: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html
Full details for the February version update can be found here: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57788
FINAL FANTASY® XI adventurers now have a tool at their disposal to find old friends with the FFXI ReFriender. The application aids players of the acclaimed SQUARE ENIX® MMORPG title in reuniting with friends that shared past adventures, resuming their exciting journey, and even seeking out that “certain someone” with whom they roamed the land of Vanadiel® in years past. More information on the FFXI ReFriender system may be found at https://refriender.finalfantasyxi.com/.
FINAL FANTASY XI is an online multiplayer RPG that challenges players to journey through the world of Vana’diel® — a world of fantasy, adventure, and exploration. Heed the call and join players from around the world to become the hero that Vana’diel needs. Discover new creatures, pioneer wild lands, and conquer quests on your daring journey.
FINAL FANTASY XI is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
Official Website: https://press.na.square-enix.com/
Official FINAL FANTASY XI Website: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXI/
Official Twitter: @FFXI_EN
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 159 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 81 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
# # #
CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.