THE VORACIOUS RESURGENCE CONTINUES IN
FINAL FANTASY XI ONLINE SEPTEMBER UPDATE
LOS ANGELES (Sept. 10, 2020) – The September version update for FINAL FANTASY® XI Online is available today, headlined by the next part in the title’s new story series, The Voracious Resurgence™. The second half of part one of this questline will continue to explore mysteries of Vana’diel’s past that have long been shielded from view, with new battles for players to challenge and rewards for those who emerge victorious.
Illustration by Akihiro Yamada
The September version update arrives alongside other content updates, in-game events and campaigns, and more:
- Ambuscade Battle Updates – Players can now meet new foes in the latest Ambuscade battle update. The Matamata join the fray, while the Quadavs mark their return in the September update.
- Odyssey Updates – Players will be able to explore the all new Sheol C field area, from which they can obtain new material to augment Wanted equipment.
- Day of the Shadow Lord Event – Through September 30th at 7:59 a.m. (PDT), players can obtain the Shadow Lord’s storied great sword, Lament, and his sword, Nihility, as rewards for completing the Shadow Lord Battle battlefield at any difficulty.
- Blazing Buffaloes Limited-Time Event – Through September 21st, players can earn rewards by assisting moogles throughout Vana’diel in herding wild buffaloes. Successfully wrangling a buffalo will reward players with a special currency that can be exchanged for a variety of items, including the Buffalo Cap and Aldebaran Horn.
- Autumn Power Up Campaign – Beginning September 11th and through September 30th, players can enjoy a collection of special campaigns providing a number of bonuses, including increased seal and crest drop rates, special drop rewards on select battlefields, increased unity accolades gains from Records of Eminence, and much more. Complete details can be found here:
- September Login Campaign – Players who log in throughout the month of September can claim several new rewards and cosmetic items, including a special Sandogasa hat for their character.
FINAL FANTASY XI is an online multiplayer RPG that challenges players to journey through the world of Vana’diel® — a world of fantasy, adventure, and exploration. Heed the call and join players from around the world to become the hero that Vana’diel needs. Discover new creatures, pioneer wild lands, and conquer quests on your daring journey.
FINAL FANTASY XI is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
Official Press Website: https://press.na.square-enix.com/
Official FINAL FANTASY XI Website: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXI/
Official Twitter: @FFXI_EN
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 154 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 78 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
# # #
CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, the FINAL FANTASY XI logo, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY logo, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO, TOMB RAIDER, and VANA’DIEL are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies.