LOS ANGELES (April 2, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® today revealed new details for FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Shadowbringers™ Patch 5.5 alongside a new trailer during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast. Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida also shared a new milestone in the growth of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online community, which has now reached 22 million registered players.
Titled “Death Unto Dawn,” Patch 5.5 will be split in two parts and sets the stage for the upcoming fourth expansion, Endwalker™. Part one is scheduled for release on April 13th and brings with it the highly-anticipated third chapter of YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse—the NieR-inspired alliance raid featuring the work of guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO. The patch also brings an abundance of new story and battle content, system updates, and more.
The Patch 5.5 trailer is available here: https://youtu.be/mB0p0UyvS-E
During the Letter from the Producer LIVE presentation, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida revealed new information about the PlayStation®5 console version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online, which will launch into open beta alongside Patch 5.5. In addition to previously announced upgrades, which included framerate improvements, faster load times, and 4K resolution support, this new release will also include DualSense haptic feedback, new trophies, and 3D audio support.
Users with a PlayStation 4 license registered to their account can upgrade to the PS5 Upgrade Edition at no extra cost at the start of the open beta period, while new players can experience the game on the PlayStation 5 via the Free Trial version. The full PlayStation 5 version will be available for purchase following the conclusion of the open beta.
Further details on Patch 5.5 content are outlined below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Prospects of peace may soon fall to ruin, as Fandaniel and the Telophoroi scheme to recreate the Final Days, and ominous towers rise in all corners of the realm. With the servants of chaos amassing at every turn, will the Scions uncover their plot before it is too late?
- New Alliance Raid: The Tower at Paradigm's Breach – The third chapter of the NieR-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
- “Sorrow of Werlyt” Questline Finale – With adamantine armor and a beating, blood red core, the Diamond Weapon is the culmination of countless sacrifices and untold suffering. When the ultimate triumph of the VIIth Legion's monstrous Weapon project descends upon Werlyt, who will be saved, and who shall fall?
- New Trial: The Cloud Deck – Players can face off against the fearsome Diamond Weapon in this latest trial, which will be available in both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Paglth'an – Players can tackle this new story dungeon alongside fellow adventurers or a party of non-player characters via Trust System compatibility.
- “Save the Queen” Questline Update – This latest update includes a new field area, “Zadnor,” an increased resistance rank cap, the final stage of enhancement for resistance weapons and more.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up primal, Leviathan, has returned from A Realm Reborn to terrorize level 80 heroes, providing them with a hefty challenge and chances at unique rewards.
- Crafter Updates – High-level crafters can look forward to new content in Patch 5.5 that will earn them special achievements and unique crafting tools.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – As a new age dawns in Ishgard, luminaries from across Eorzea have been invited to the Firmament to take part in a ceremony commemorating this momentous occasion. Players can obtain rewards by participating in gatherer- and crafter-focused events which will occur during these periodic celebrations.
- “Explorer Mode'' Update – The Explorer Mode feature will be expanded to include level 70 dungeons. Explorer Mode allows players to explore dungeons free from danger to capture striking and fun screenshots while enabling the use of mounts and minions. Players will also now be able to use performance actions while in dungeons, such as playing musical instruments.
- Performance Action Updates – A new instrument will be added with Patch 5.55.
- Job Adjustments for PvE and PvP Actions, New Custom Deliveries, New Mounts and more.
Further details about the upcoming Digital Fan Festival on May 14-15 were also revealed. On May 14, fans can expect an exciting keynote filled with new information on Endwalker, a developer panel, and a piano concert. May 15’s events will also provide enjoyable content for fans, with a Letter from the Producer LIVE and a concert from THE PRIMALS. For more information on the Digital Fan Festival 2021, visit the official website here: https://fanfest.finalfantasyxiv.com/2021/na/
The recently announced fourth expansion pack of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga, Endwalker, is scheduled to release fall 2021 for PC, Mac, the PlayStation®5 system, and the PlayStation®4 system. Endwalker is the culmination of the Hydaelyn and Zodiark story, in which Warriors of Light will encounter an even greater calamity than ever before, and will bring an abundance of new content, including multiple new jobs, an increased level cap, vast new areas, adjustments to the battle system, as well as a variety of new battle, crafter, and gatherer content.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker’s teaser trailer can be found here: https://youtu.be/7-bkJ2ZoW6k
Visit the official FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker site here: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/
With over 22 million total registered players and a new expansion on the way, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The recently expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward™ expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
Official Website: https://press.na.square-enix.com/
Official Endwalker Website: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/
Official Shadowbringers Website: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/shadowbringers/
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram: @ffxiv
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 159 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 81 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
# # #
FINAL FANTASY XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS © 2019 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: © 2018 YOSHITAKA AMANO
SHADOWBRINGERS, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY XIV logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.