LOS ANGELES (Dec. 15, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® announced today that in celebration of the holiday season, fans can participate in an epic holiday event for fan-favorite tactical RPG, WAR OF THE VISIONS™ FINAL FANTASY® BRAVE EXVIUS®. Players can also enjoy a DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS SUPER LIGHT collaboration in FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS, which has surpassed 45 million downloads worldwide since its global launch in June 2016.
Beginning today, players can join in on the holiday celebration in WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS, which features new units, vision card and more including:
- New Unit, Luartha (Winter) – Between now and January 4, 2022, players can summon winter unit Luartha, whose main job is Trick Lancer, a unique spear-wielding job that employs two-panel piercing attacks, which inflicts damage from medium range with barrier destruction, debuffs and piercing strikes. Luartha (Winter)’s trailer can be seen here: https://youtu.be/X2U7BgpafXo
- ‘A Gift Like No Other’ Winter Vision Card – Until January 4, 2022, players can obtain the ‘A Gift Like No Other’ winter vision card, which includes a party ability that boosts the ATK and Critical Hit Rate of wind-type units. At maximum level, the party ability also increases the HP of wind-type units, and its bestowed effect boosts the Accuracy of Wind units. Additionally, global players can equip the card to Luartha (Winter) or Machérie (Winter) boosts Pierce Attack, while Viktora (Winter) gets a Missile Attack boost.
- ‘Another Story’ Content – Players can now participate in the new ‘Another Story’ storyline, which tells the tale of a young man named Lucio, who is a Warrior of the Crystal and a guardian brought into being by the Will of Light, who is tasked with protecting the balance of all worlds connected to the Farplane. One day, the Core Crystals that play the key role in maintaining this balance disappear, and Lucio must journey to the land of Ardra in order to find the Crystals and restore the balance. Players can learn more about the content here: https://wotvffbe.com/another-story/en/ and view a trailer here: https://youtu.be/pX_cMNFM5UU
- In the ‘Another Story’ content storyline, players can obtain Lucio, a physical attacker that is especially good at Critical Hit attacks, for free.
Additionally, players can participate in a DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS SUPER LIGHT collaboration event in FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS between now and December 29th with new events, units, campaigns, and log in bonuses including:
- Raid Event – Players can jump into a Monster Mash Raid Event through the collaboration, in which players can obtain items such as the Metal King Sword (DQMSL) and the Falcon Blade (DQMSL) with points that can be earned by playing raid event. When you collect Raid Coins, you can pull Raid Box Summon and you can obtain event exclusive equipment such as Dragonlord's Robe (DQMSL).
- Free Units – Players can obtain units Marquis de Léon, Dracky, and Slime for free via Login and event rewards.
- New Units – Players can now summon units Alena & Marquis de Léon, and King of Destruction Zoma for a limited time, as well as existing units Dragonlord, Estark, Überkilling Machine, Slime Knight, Orochi, Killing Machine, Liquid Metal Slime, Golem and Robbin' 'Ood. Players can awaken Dragonlord to Neo Vision from this collaboration.
- "DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS SUPER LIGHT Login Bonus – Through the login bonus, players can earn Slime, DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS SUPER LIGHT unit fragments, and a Guaranteed Ticket.
- Special Campaigns – Players can participate in various special campaigns, where they can earn 1/2 NRG, 1/2 Gil Awakening, increased enhancement rate and more.
WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS is available now as a free download with in-app purchases through the App Store®, Google Play™ and Amazon App Store. Text is supported in English, French, German, Spanish, Korean and Traditional Chinese, while voiceovers are supported in English and Japanese. For more information, please visit: https://wotvffbe.com/.
FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS is available now as a free-to-play app (with in-app purchases) through the App Store®, Google Play™ and the Amazon App Store. This title is developed as a collaboration between SQUARE ENIX and gumi Inc. (developer of the hit title Brave Frontier). The game is available in eight languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese (traditional), Korean, Thai and Indonesian.
For the latest assets, please visit the press site at press.na.square-enix.com.
Official Website: https://wotvffbe.com/
YouTube: FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS Official Channel
FFBE Official Website: http://finalfantasyexvius.com/
FFBE Twitter: @FFBE_EN
FFBE Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ffbeen
FFBE Instagram: @ffbe_mog
About FINAL FANTASY Portal App
The free-to-download "FINAL FANTASY Portal App®" provides the latest and greatest on all things FINAL FANTASY, as well as exclusive promotional trailers and developer commentary. By logging-in with their Square Enix account, players can accumulate points that can be exchanged for various items. Also, the iconic Triple Triad® card game from FINAL FANTASY VIII makes its mobile debut, and is playable in the app.
About gumi Inc.
Founded in 2007, gumi Inc. (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 3903) is a leading global mobile game publisher and developer headquartered in Japan, with overseas operations in Singapore, Taiwan and the United States. The company has proven success in launching titles worldwide, such as the widely popular role-playing games Brave Frontier and THE ALCHEMIST CODE. gumi also invests in VR/AR/blockchain markets. With ongoing publishing and development projects on a wide array of mobile, AR and VR platforms, gumi aims to change the world through innovative entertainment products and services, including both original content and collaborations with popular IP.
For more information, please visit http://www.gu3.co.jp/en/.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licences SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: © 2018 YOSHITAKA AMANO
FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS © 2015-2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Developed by gumi Inc.
ILLUSTRATION: © 2014 YOSHITAKA AMANO
FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS, WAR OF THE VISIONS FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.