LOS ANGELES (Sept. 24, 2020) – Today SQUARE ENIX® kicked off Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online with the announcement that NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139… will launch for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, and PC (Steam®) on April 23, 2021. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is a modern re-telling of NieR Replicant, which originally released in Japan in 2010, and is the highly anticipated prequel to NieR:Automata, the post-apocalyptic action-RPG that has sold over 4.5 million copies worldwide. In NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, players are invited to experience a dark, apocalyptic world as they join a brother’s captivating quest to cure his sister of a deadly disease - a quest which will in turn make them question everything.
Click here to view the NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… TGS Trailer
Additionally, a trailer debuted during the show, offering players a deeper look at familiar locations, set to a newly recorded soundtrack by renowned composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA (NieR series, TEKKEN, Drakengard 3). Fans can also catch a glimpse at the game’s beautifully updated visuals and newly illustrated characters from NieR:Automata character designer, Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation (FINAL FANTASY® XIV, BRAVELY DEFAULT®).
Fans can also now pre-order the “White Snow Edition,” exclusively from the SQUARE ENIX Store for $159.99. This version includes the game on the player’s platform of choice, along with the following:
- “Lunar Tear” Collector’s Box
- Steelbook® Case – A metal case featuring stunning artwork by Illustrator KODA KAZUMA.
- Pin Badge Set – Grimoire Weiss, Grimoire Noir, and Grimoire Rubrum pins presented in a specialized display case. Exclusive to the White Snow Edition.
- Script Set – A set of seven books including the content of the spoken script of the game, exclusive to the White Snow Edition. Packaged in a special hard case, featuring unique cover art by character designer Akihiko Yoshida. Available in English only.
- Soundtrack CD Set – A two-disc collection – one disc featuring tracks from NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… specifically edited for this set, and a second disc featuring special arrangements, overseen by Keiichi Okabe, of select tracks that are exclusive to the White Snow Edition. The set is presented in a premium Grimoire Weiss-inspired package.
- PlayStation®4 system – All editions will include an exclusive PlayStation®4 system dynamic theme and avatar set. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
- Xbox One – Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
- Steam – All editions will include a special digital wallpaper collection. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
During the show, SQUARE ENIX® also announced that NieR Re[in]carnation, the first mobile title in the NieR series, is in development by Applibot, Inc. for North America and Europe. Follow the official NieR Re[in]carnation Twitter and Facebook accounts for the latest information.
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is not yet rated. For more information, visit: http://www.niergame.com. Press assets are available at: http://sqex.to/Media.
Official NieR Series Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NieRGame
Official NieR Re[in]carnation Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NieRReinEN
Official NieR Series Twitter: @NieRGame
Official NieR Re[in]carnation Twitter: @NieRReinEN
Official Page: www.niergame.com
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 154 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 78 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
# # #
© 2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Developed by Toylogic.Inc.
NieR Replicant, the NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… logo, NieR:Automata, FINAL FANTASY, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.