LOS ANGELES (June 1, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® invites players to celebrate the first anniversary of the fan-favorite mobile adventure RPG Romancing SaGa™ Re;univerSe™ with exciting new content and special in-game promotions throughout the month of June. Players can look forward to several celebratory rewards, special limited-time content, new permanent content additions and bonuses galore.
Players can enjoy the first round of celebratory anniversary content starting today:
- Romancing Festival 1st Anniversary Banners – Now through July 6, players can attempt to summon six limited-time SS Styles of popular SaGa Series characters from two banners. Available styles include SS [Vanquish the Sinistrals!] Matriarch, who has been newly reworked for the Global version, SS [Lieutenant in Alloces's Army] Paulus, SS [Seeker of Genbu Arts] Vassault, SS [Don't Hold Back] Jo, SS [Free as a Bird] Monika and SS [Genbu Arts Customs] Undine.
SS [Vanquish the Sinistrals!] Matriarch and SS [Don't Hold Back] Jo
- 1st Anniversary Login Bonus & Missions – Players will be treated to a bevy of generous rewards, including a total of 37,000 free Jewels, simply by logging in daily and by completing daily missions.
- Platinum Summon – Three new SS Styles have been added to the Platinum Summon banner permanently: SS [The Road to Tribal Chief] Aisha, SS [Beyond the Horizon] Hawke and SS [Bear the Light of Hope] Albert.
- 1st Anniversary Spear Trial – Players can challenge this new Spear Trial to earn event-limited items and Jewels, now through June 14.
- New Game Feature: The Final Island – This brand-new game feature brings players new challenging content to conquer. In The Final Island, players will build a party from a limited selection of characters, then face off against several rounds of battle. Players will be scored according to how quickly they defeat each round of enemies and earn various exciting rewards based on their performance.
- Spiral Corridor – Players can now battle their way up to level 80 of the Spiral Corridor. This unique dungeon challenges players to defeat increasingly powerful enemies to earn Spiral Summon Tickets which can be used to gain exclusive Styles.
- New Game Feature: Concert Hall – A brand-new game feature that allows players to experience captivating SaGa tracks from legendary composers such as Kenji Ito, Nobuo Uematsu and Masashi Hamauzu in-game. Featuring remastered editions of fan-favorites from various SaGa titles, players can collect Music Note Medals to unlock soundtracks.
Set 300 years after Romancing SaGa 3, Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe is a timeless RPG experience that features an original story with familiar returning characters for both SaGa franchise fans and newcomers to discover. Surpassing 25 million downloads worldwide and created by veteran developers, including legendary creative Akitoshi Kawazu (FINAL FANTASY®, Romancing SaGa, SaGa Frontier), the game features fast-paced and strategic combat the SaGa series is known for and offers players a free-to-play friendly experience with a balanced roster of characters and generous login bonuses and quest rewards.
Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe is available now as a free download with in-app purchases through the App Store® and Google Play™.
Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe launched on the heels of a new resurgence for the classic SaGa series, with Romancing SaGa 3 and SaGa SCARLET GRACE: AMBITIONS™ releasing in the West for the first time in 2019. SaGa Frontier Remastered, an HD remaster of the classic RPG originally released in the West in 1998, is now available digitally on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Nintendo Switch™ system, PC (Steam®) and iOS and Android mobile. For more information, visit: https://sagafranchise.com.
For the latest assets, please visit the press site at press.na.square-enix.com.
Official Website: https://sagafranchise.square-enix-games.com/en-gb/reuniverse
About the SaGa Series
SaGa is a series of revolutionary role-playing games, created by legendary game developer Akitoshi Kawazu (FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY II, SaGa Frontier). Since THE FINAL FANTASY LEGEND was released in 1990 for the Game Boy, the series has expanded with several additional entries across numerous platforms. Other SaGa series regulars include illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi, who has given the series its own unique style, and composer Kenji Ito (Mana series). Although the SaGa series shares its roots with FINAL FANTASY, the SaGa series has always incorporated revolutionary and challenging gameplay mechanics, such as player choice, branching storylines and implementing characters with wildly different playstyles, setting it apart from other JRPG series. Romancing SaGa 3 and SaGa SCARLET GRACE: AMBITIONS both launched for the first time outside of Japan in 2019. COLLECTION of SaGa FINAL FANTASY LEGEND released on December 15, 2020, and most recently, SaGa Frontier Remastered released worldwide on April 15, 2021.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 161 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe © 2018, 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Akatsuki Inc.
ILLUSTRATION: TOMOMI KOBAYASHI
ROMANCING SAGA, the ROMANCING SAGA RE;UNIVERSE logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. App Store is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. Nintendo Switch is a registered trademark of Nintendo. Steam is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. All other trademarks are properties of their respectiv