LOS ANGELES (July 27, 2022) – SQUARE ENIX® announced today that OCTOPATH TRAVELER™: Champions of the Continent, an immersive mobile RPG experience based on the popular series, OCTOPATH TRAVELER, is now available on iOS and Android devices. In OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent, players will explore a brand-new story in the world of Orsterra, a few years prior to the events of the beloved and award-winning RPG OCTOPATH TRAVELER. In celebration of those who helped the title surpass 700,000 pre-registrations, all players will be able to claim several exciting rewards, including 5,000 Leaves, 16 Experience Nuts (M), 20 Gold Guidestones, 1 Pursuer’s Gloves I and 300 Rubies.
Watch the OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent official launch trailer here: https://youtu.be/0mapCpmMzjc
Watch the new launch campaign trailer in collaboration with YouTubers, Viva La Dirt League: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smOfbFspijU
Travel through Orsterra as “the Chosen One,” and fight to stop ruthless tyrants who seek to unleash bottomless darkness upon the land. The new series of OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent features:
- HD-2D: Evolved Pixel Art – The game’s classic 2D pixel art is enhanced with 3D-CG effects, bringing the wondrous world of Orsterra to life. Rediscover the beautifully stylized environments filled with side quests, dangerous bosses, and treasures.
- Strategic and Exhilarating Combat – Dive into an evolved command-style battle system, which utilizes up to eight party members and swipe controls that allow for fast-paced command selection.
- A Massive Roster – With over 64 characters at launch, explore an endless combination of characters to build your ultimate team. Pick the right team for the right fight and reign victorious on the battlefield.
- Tressa Colzione Now Available - OCTOPATH TRAVELER fans will have the chance to add the beloved merchant Tressa Colzione to their rosters via two Guiding Lights (gacha banners): [Featured] Chosen Traveler: Tressa and [Sacred Seal] Sacred Guidance: Tressa.
- Engaging Character Interactions – The possibilities are endless with different options for character interactions on the field and with townspeople. Players can negotiate with other characters by raising their influence to "Purchase" or "Hire" with money, "Contend" or "Impress" with their strength, or test their luck with "Entreat" or "Invite."
- Choose Your Adventure – The “Chosen Ones” must rise against the great evils of Orsterra. What perils will players encounter on their journey? No matter what storyline players start with, players can experience them all.
- Epic Game Soundtrack – Yasunori Nishiki, the composer behind OCTOPATH TRAVELER, is back for this latest installment with new compositions exclusive to this game.
Pixel artist Shizuka Morimoto shared a commemorative artwork featuring Primrose Azelhart of OCTOPATH TRAVELER to celebrate the game's launch.
Finally, Square Enix will be holding a launch livestream later today at 2 p.m. Pacific on Twitch (twitch.tv/squareenix).
Embark on an adventure for what you seek.
A few years prior to the events of OCTOPATH TRAVELER,
Orsterra is ruled by tyrants hungry for “wealth, power, and fame.”
While the tyrants’ desires have unleashed a bottomless darkness upon the world…there are those who resist the darkness.
You will meet them while traveling the world as “the Chosen One of the divine ring.”
What will you obtain, and what will you experience through this journey?
A journey that will give rise to the champions of the continent...
Official Website: https://octopath-cotc.square-enix-games.com/en-us/
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
OCTOPATH TRAVELER, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.