LOS ANGELES (June 10, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® today release the June version update for FINAL FANTASY® XI Online, featuring the latest update to The Voracious Resurgence™ storyline and a new campaign event for the month of June—players can enjoy opportunities to obtain bonus rewards and enjoy increased item drop rates for numerous pieces of content. Additionally, the Sunshine Seeker event is now underway, allowing players to transform into a mandragora and complete tasks to receive special equipment and alter ego.
The June version update features the following content updates:
- The Voracious Resurgence Update – Travel to Aht Urhgan where the stage is set for those who oppose the gods--the next part in the fourth chapter of The Voracious Resurgence is now live with a special reward for those who complete this step of the story.
- Sunshine Seeker Event – The Sunshine Seeker event is available now through Sunday, June 20 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT), and delves further into some of the characters introduced in the quest Babban Ny Mheillea. Don the guise of a mandragora and complete the tasks posed to you to receive special equipment and an alter ego of the eponymous mandragora.
- Ambuscade Update – This month’s update to Ambuscade features Uragnites as a new foe to challenge, alongside the return of giants.
- Stayin' Cool with Cool Equipment Campaign – From Friday, June 11 at 1:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 30 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT), players can enjoy increased drop rates on seals and crests, bonuses to chocobo digging and monster rearing, the chance to acquire mysterious items in the Nyzul Isle Assault content, and more.
- June 2021 Login Campaign – Players can collect points by logging in during the month of June, which can be used to purchase items, including this month’s special item: the Silver Gun.
Full details for the June version update can be found here: https://sqex.to/xN8nA
FINAL FANTASY XI Online adventurers now have a tool at their disposal to find old friends with the FFXI ReFriender. The application aids players of the acclaimed SQUARE ENIX® MMORPG title in reuniting with friends that shared past adventures, resuming their exciting journey, and even seeking out that “certain someone” with whom they roamed the land of Vana’diel® in years past. More information on the FFXI ReFriender system may be found at https://refriender.finalfantasyxi.com/.
FINAL FANTASY XI Online is an online multiplayer RPG that challenges players to journey through the world of Vana’diel® — a world of fantasy, adventure, and exploration. Heed the call and join players from around the world to become the hero that Vana’diel needs. Discover new creatures, pioneer wild lands, and conquer quests on your daring journey.
FINAL FANTASY XI Online is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
Official Website: https://press.na.square-enix.com/
Official FINAL FANTASY XI Website: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXI/
Official Twitter: @FFXI_EN
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 161 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.