LOS ANGELES (Aug.10, 2022) – As of today, SQUARE ENIX® released the August version update for the popular MMORPG FINAL FANTASY® XI Online, which continues the story of the Voracious Resurgence with Chapter 9 Part 1, introduces new Sortie battle content, ushers in Ambuscade enemy updates, kicks off the August Login Campaign, and more.
Content and campaigns for FINAL FANTASY® XI Online’s August version update include:
- The Voracious Resurgence – Chapter 9, Part 1 of the gripping storyline continues on the continent of Ulbuka as the claws of villainy have made their way to Adoulin.
- New Battle Content: “Sortie” – Players can participate in Sortie solo or in a group of up to six players to obtain upgrade materials for Empyrean gear, as well as Old Cases, which are appraisal items that will change into job-specific gear upon use.
- New Foes in Ambuscade – This month’s Ambuscade battle update features Ramuh in Volume 1, and Morbols in Volume 2. Additionally, Exemplar points will no longer be gained or lost in Ambuscade.
- August 2022 Login Campaign – From August 10 at 8:00 a.m. to September 9 at 7:00 a.m. (PDT), players can receive various awards by logging in each day and collecting points which can be exchanged for in-game items.
Full details of the August version update can be found here: https://sqex.to/vptla
In addition to today’s update, players can celebrate the summer in-game with both the Sunbreeze Festival and the Green Festival starting August 11. During these events, players can experience a vibrant summer festival after nightfall alongside lively music and amazing fireworks, as well as obtain the new morbol apron and other event rewards.
The team also released the 11th installment of their WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL interview series, which explores the world of FINAL FANTASY XI Online, as well as its development and history throughout the years. The latest four-part interview brings FINAL FANTASY XI Online’s Producer Akihiko Matsui together with Ragnarok Online’s Yoshitada Iwata to discuss the 20th anniversaries of both MMORPGs. Read the full interview at:
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #11 – Yoshitada Iwata Part 1
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #11 – Yoshitada Iwata Part 2
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #11 – Yoshitada Iwata Part 3
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #11 – Yoshitada Iwata Part 4
Past interviews with other legendary figures such as Naoki Yoshida, Koichi Ishii, Yoshitaka Amano, and Tetsuya Nomura are also available to read at: https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/
During the Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign from August 5 at 1:00 a.m. to August 22 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT), past subscribers may play free of charge as FINAL FANTASY XI Online continues to celebrate its 20th anniversary. More details on the campaign are available at: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html
From August 5 at 1:00 a.m. to August 31 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT), downloadable versions of the Seekers of Adoulin expansion pack and FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition are also available for up to 67% off. More details are available at: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/discount/index.html
FINAL FANTASY XI Online is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
SQUARE ENIX® Press Website: https://press.na.square-enix.com/
Official FINAL FANTASY XI Website: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXI/
Official Twitter: @FFXI_EN
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX® , EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 168 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 84 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo and TAITO are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.