LOS ANGELES (Feb. 16, 2022) – SQUARE ENIX® is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the fan-favorite RPG FINAL FANTASY® VII with a special collaboration event in the battle royale action mobile game FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER. From today until February 28, players can take part in celebratory in-game events and obtain FINAL FANTASY VII-themed skins, accessories, banners and more as they embark on an intense battle royale experience where they must fight to be the last SOLDIER standing.
To view the FINAL FANTASY VII collaboration trailer for FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLEooyXQ7jc
New content arriving in the FINAL FANTASY VII collaboration event includes:
- Polygon FINAL FANTASY VII Characters – Players can obtain event-limited character skins based on the original FINAL FANTASY VII polygon designs for Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Barret, Red XIII and Chocobo, with more coming soon.
- 25th Anniversary Collaboration Events – For a limited time, players who defeat event monsters on the battlefield will obtain special reward boxes and collect data pieces that unlock event-limited collectibles. Mission clears will also reward Premium Shinra Pack Tickets (FF7) and data pieces.
- Character Skins & Accessories – Event-exclusive skins and accessories will be available for free for a limited time, including Shinra SOLDIER and Cloud Dress character skins, and a Buster Sword back accessory.
- FINAL FANTASY VII Banners – Players can obtain thematic FINAL FANTASY VII banners to display next to their character name.
- Celebratory Login Bonuses – Players will receive event login bonuses and collect Premium Shinra Pack Tickets (FF7), which can be redeemed for a chance to obtain the collaboration store items, simply by logging in daily during the campaign period.
- FINAL FANTASY VII App Revamp – For a limited time, the FINAL FANTASY VII FIRST SOLDIER game icon, in-game home screen, and UI will be revamped similar to the look of the original FINAL FANTASY VII. In addition, players will hear iconic FINAL FANTASY VII music when entering battles.
“Thank you so much for continuing to play FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER,” said Producer Shoichi Ichikawa. “I played the original FINAL FANTASY VII as a child, and I am ecstatic to come back after all these years as a producer of a title within the FINAL FANTASY VII franchise to celebrate the 25th anniversary with you all! We are about to begin the FINAL FANTASY VII collaboration, and I hope that this will evoke a sense of great nostalgia for fans who’ve played the original FINAL FANTASY VII from 25 years ago, while appealing to newcomers to the franchise with their cute polygon style. I would love for everyone to join the fray during this collaboration period and have fun.”
Players can look forward to more updates to FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER with the upcoming Season 2 content on February 28th, including new materia, weapons, boss and summons, a new Dragoon style and more.
FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER is available as a free download with in-app purchases through the App Store® and Google Play™. For more information and latest assets, please visit: press.na.square-enix.com.
Official Website: https://ffvii-the-first-soldier.square-enix-games.com/en-us/
About FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER
In FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER players will embark on an intense battle royale experience where they must fight to be the last SOLDIER standing. To do so, players will use magic and special abilities along with ranged and melee weapons to triumph on the battlefield. Players can choose between various styles, such as Warrior, Sorcerer, Ranger, Ninja or Monk, each of whom boast unique special abilities. In addition to other SOLDIER candidates, players must also contend with ferocious monsters who inhabit the outskirts of the city. By defeating them, players can gain experience needed to level up and unlock new weapons. Classic FINAL FANTASY elements abound in the game, such as rideable chocobos, powerful espers, including Ifrit, to summon and materia, which enables players to cast devastating spells. Players can customize their characters’ outfits and accessories, obtain various weapon and vehicle skins, emotes and more to create their own unique SOLDIER.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
Powered by Ateam Entertainment Inc.
CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA
FINAL FANTASY VII © 1997 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA
LOGO ILLUSTRATION © 1997 YOSHITAKA AMANO
FINAL FANTASY, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. App Store is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.