DRAGON QUEST VIII: JOURNEY OF THE CURSED KING LAUNCHES ON iOS AND ANDROID TODAY
Franchise Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Mobile Iteration of its Classic Role Playing Game
The game lets players take on the role of the “Hero,” the last survivor of King Trode’s army. “Hero” must track down the evil jester who stole a powerful scepter and caused this tragedy.
“Following its PlayStation®2 system launch in 2004, DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King saw immense success and became an instant cult classic,” said Noriyoshi Fujimoto, producer of the mobile version of DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. “The game is perfectly suited as a tremendous value for mobile and tablet as a full 60-plus hour console game with an epic tale of friendship, bravery and adventure. We've put in extra effort for the controls to be intuitive and easy to play. Its 10th anniversary is the ideal milestone to re-release the game for fans and new players alike.”
DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King lets mobile players explore the game’s vast grassy fields, snow-capped mountains, daunting dungeons and restless seas. Players can slide their screens to pan the camera in a full 360 degrees around the character. In addition, DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King also features the original title’s revolutionary synthesizer score, orchestrated by the series’ long time music composer Koichi Sugiyama.
Additional Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King features include:
- Controls: Players have access to smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls and a customizable user interface. The in-game directional button is also customizable, allowing one-handed (or two-hand) play.
- Battle: Reworked combat system allows for one-tap turn-based battles as well as more complex play. Players can choose an in-game battle strategy to move their character and parties automatically during battles; players also have direct control of their characters and parties during battles.
- Auto Run Mode: As the fields are vast, players now have the option to auto-run through boundless environments.
- Monster Recruit: Monsters inhabiting the game can be recruited into the player’s party.
- Alchemy Pot: This pot allows players to mix various products in order to create new, stronger items.
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King is now available for $19.99 on iOS and Android devices. To download the game, visit:
- iTunes Store:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-quest-viii/id862972069?l=ja&ls=1&mt=8
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.dq8
The new trailer can be viewed on YouTube. For more information on DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, visit: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/dqsp/dq8/en/.
For press assets, visit http://press.na.square-enix.com.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST, which has sold over 62 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.na.square-enix.com.
©2004, 2013, 2014 ARMOR PROJECT/BIRD STUDIO/SQUARE ENIX All Rights Reserved.
CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, Journey of the Cursed King, EIDOS, IO INTERACTIVE, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SPACE INVADERS, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.