LOS ANGELES (Dec. 16, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® and DeNA Co., Ltd., announced today that DRAGON QUEST™ The Adventure of Dai: A Hero's Bonds has surpassed five million total downloads worldwide across iOS and Android devices since its release on September 28, 2021. Based on the hit anime, DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai, the game is a spin-off of the globally popular DRAGON QUEST series from SQUARE ENIX.
Alongside this momentous occasion, players can now access brand new story content which pits them against a familiar yet formidable enemy: Dragon Master General Baran. Beginning today, players can jump into an exciting new storyline, titled, “Chapter 7 - Partings and Reunions”. Additionally, players can participate in a limited-time Play to Your Strengths event, which will give access to a new playable Dai featuring his Bengarna Outfit following the event’s completion. Players will also have the chance to obtain the equipment for the Zap Strash special move through the Little Hero & Thunder Spirit Treasure Hunt. Both the Play to Your Strengths event and the Zap Strash special move will be available until December 22, 2021 at 9:59 PM Pacific.
Players can look forward to the following new content starting today:
- New Story Content: Chapter 7 – Partings and Reunions is now available, in which players can face off against the fearsome Dragon Master General Baran.
- Powerful New Style for Dai: In the event “Play to Your Strengths”, players can add Dai (Bengarna Outfit) to their teams via a new in-game event, available now, until December 22, 2021 at 9:59 PM Pacific.
- Little Hero & Thunder Spirit Treasure Hunt: Players will have the chance to obtain equipment for the Zap Strash special move in the Little Hero & Thunder Spirit Treasure Hunt, available now, until December 22, 2021 at 9:59 PM Pacific.
- Welcome Gift and Rewards: The 3,000 blue gems that were distributed to celebrate Black Friday will continue to be available to all new players. Additionally, the 3,000 gems distributed in commemoration of the first month of service will also remain available. This means they can earn a total of 6,000 blue gems to spend however they'd like in-game. These gifts can be claimed within 30 days of logging into the game. Gems and other items can be used on Treasure Hunts to get weapons and armour. Some Weapons come equipped with skills or special moves that can be acquired together with the weapons. Gems can also be used to replenish stamina.
- 72 Hour Limited-Time 4★ Weapon Guaranteed Treasure Hunt: All players will now have access to a special one-time Treasure Hunt that is guaranteed to give a powerful 4★ weapon at the cost of 300 red gems, which are a paid currency. This treasure hunt will be available for the first 72 hours after first logging into the game during this campaign.
*If 72 hours have passed after your log-in during this period, you cannot use this Treasure Hunt.
- Monthly Gold Pass: Starting today, the Gold Pass will also be made available. This is a monthly subscription service that provides a variety of benefits in-game.
These benefits are as follows:
- One free Treasure Hunt that guarantees 4★ equipment upon your first Gold Pass purchase.
- One free Treasure Hunt that guarantees 4★ equipment for every third Gold Pass purchased.
- One selection from a lineup of featured 4★ Soul Crystals once a month.
- Increased drop rewards from certain Challenge Quests.
- One free daily refill of 60 Stamina.
- Obtain more Skip Tickets from battles.
- Increased acquisition for Seer Candles.
Additionally, a regular Vtuber show featuring members of the development team and the DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai: A Hero’s Bonds’ official Vtuber, Billy the man o’war is now available to watch via the official Facebook pages. The latest episode, with a Q & A between Billy and the producer, Takuya Shiomi, can be viewed here: https://fb.watch/9EaDjQlijl/
For more information, please refer to the in-game announcements.
Facebook (EN): https://www.facebook.com/DQDaiHerosBonds
Facebook (FR): https://www.facebook.com/DQDaiHerosBondsFR
Facebook (TC): https://www.facebook.com/DQDaiHerosBondsTC
Official Website: https://dragonquest.com/DaiHerosBonds_en
About DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai: A Hero's Bonds
In DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai: A Hero's Bonds, players will experience the epic story of the anime DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai, developed by The Adventure of Dai Project (a committee comprised of SHUEISHA,TV TOKYO Corporation, Toei Animation and SQUARE ENIX), with the animation produced by Toei Animation. Cooperative play will be available for up to three players to work together and strategize to take down the Dark Army on a three-lane battlefield. Players will need to observe their opponents moves and attacks to respond with the right counter-attack, dodge, or spell. Each character will have different roles, abilities, and special skills in a match. Characters, attacks, weapons, and equipment can also be upgraded and customized, providing for strategic RPG elements on top of in addition to the exciting action.
DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai the anime is available to watch on streaming services like Crunchyroll and Hulu. The show is based on the hugely popular Japanese original manga DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai (Story: Riku Sanjo, Art: Koji Inada, Supervisor: Yuji Horii), which was serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine from 1989 to 1996. The series is now being published in 25 paperback volumes.
DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai: A Hero’s Bonds is now available on the App Store® and Google Play™ as a free-to-start game with in-app purchases on compatible iOS and Android devices. The game is available in English, French, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese.
About the Anime DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai
At one time, the world was suffering under Dark Lord Hadlar. That is, until peace was won back by a hero swordsman and his companions...
Time has passed... Monsters liberated from under the Dark Lord now live on Dermline, a solitary island in the south seas.
A boy named Dai is the only human on the island. He wants to become a hero, and he's been living in peace with the monsters.
But his life is transformed when Dark Lord Hadlar is resurrected.
A promise to a mentor; encounters with companions; an unescapable destiny...
Young Dai begins his adventure to become a hero, and to save a world once again in crisis!
Visit https://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-quest-the-adventure-of-dai to watch!
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) aims to entertain and to serve through our businesses, under our mission to delight people beyond their wildest dreams. DeNA has cultivated expertise and insight in internet and AI technology, and engages in both internet services and businesses in real spaces. Forming alliances with business partners is also a key core competence for DeNA. DeNA’s major business areas are in mobile games, sports, live streaming, healthcare, and automotive. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo and has over 2,000 employees. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com/intl/.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
©SANJO RIKU, INADA KOJI/ SHUEISHA, The Adventure of Dai Project
© 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. © 2021 DeNA Co.,Ltd.
CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies.